Attica Holdings S.A. (Attica Group or Attica) is a leader in the provision of ferry services for passengers and cargo in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea. Serving more than 40 destinations in the Greek domestic market (including the more remote Greek islands destinations) and on the international routes between Greece and Italy, Attica Group’s brand names, Superfast Ferries and Blue Star Ferries, are established in the European maritime transport industry as synonyms of high end quality ferry services.
Attica Group is a member of Marfin Investment Group, an international investment holding company based in Greece and throughout Southeast Europe and is listed on Athens Stock Exchange (ASE:ATTICA).
The Attica Group fleet consists of 13 modern and technologically advanced vessels, providing high quality transportation services for passengers, trucks and private vehicles. While on board the passengers will not only find luxurious accommodation, fine wining and dining and a wide range of activities for both adults and children but, most importantly, a level of service and attention to detail that have established Attica in the ferry industry. The expertise and the professionalism accompanied with the warm smile of the carefully-selected staff contribute in offering passengers an exceptional and standardized on board experience throughout the journey.
In the twenty years of its involvement in the ferry sector, Attica has introduced a new and innovative concept of vessels and has become a world leader in cruise type Ro/Pax new building construction, having designed and built 21 vessels in first class shipyards in Europe and South Korea, under the highest shipbuilding standards, tailor-made for the specific routes in operation (optimizing size, speed, fuel consumption and access facilities). In order to further optimize the service provided to its customers Attica has designed comprehensive port facilities including piers, two tier link spans, terminals and check-in arrangements in Greek and European ports in order to achieve safe and efficient loading/unloading of trailers and embarkation of passengers.
Attica Group has had the privilege to be the first Greek company to ever sail under its own banner on ferry routes well beyond Greek waters. Apart from the Adriatic routes, Attica has built substantial experience through the successful operations in Europe, where Attica Group initiated new routes and established new port connections in the Baltic Sea, between Germany and Finland, and in the North Sea between Belgium and Scotland, UK.
Greek Domestic Lines, Aegean and Cretan Sea:
- Piraeus – Dodecanese (Patmos, Leros, Kalymnos, Kos, Rhodes, Astypalaia, Nisyros, Tilos, Lipsi, Symi, Kastellorizo)
- Piraeus – Cyclades (Paros, Naxos, Santorini, Syros, Myconos. Tinos, Ios, Amorgos, Iraklia, Schinoussa, Koufonissi, Donoussa, Anafi)
- Piraeus – North East Aegean islands (Psara, Chios, Mytilene)
- Rafina – Cyclades (Mykonos, Paros, Naxos, Ios)
- Piraeus to Crete (Heraklion & Chania) - jointly with ANEK LINES
(jointly with ANEK LINES):
- Patras – Igoumenitsa – Corfu – Ancona
- Patras – Igoumenitsa – Corfu – Bari
- Patras – Igoumenitsa – Venice
Attica Group maintains an extensive Sales Network that expands across the world through:
- 34 Premium Sales Agents
- Port agents at every port of departure
- Central reservation system linked to the International Reservations Networks, offering direct integrated services to more than 20,000 travel agencies around the world
- Attica Group is a full member of the management and commercial bodies of the International Union of Railways (UIC). Today the International Union of Railways (UIC) has 199 members from 84 countries and 5 continents, through which Attica’s services are available
- Online booking and ticket purchases through the corporate websites www.bluestarferries.com and www.superfast.com